How it Works
These home-delivered meals are available to persons 60 years or older who are homebound (by reason of illness, incapacitation, disability or isolation) and unable to leave their homes to participate in the congregate meals. A donation per meal is requested, but not required. Meals on Wheels America is the leadership organization for this program.
Want to know more?
Visit the Meals on Wheels website.
Ready to sign up?
To make a referral complete the Meals on Wheels Intake Form by clicking the link below.
If you have any questions, find your community on the list below and contact the program coordinator for that community. Note: The application process will include a needs assessment and a physicians referral.
- Golden Empire (Bakersfield, Lamont, Arvin, Buttonwillow)
- Desert Areas (California City, Mojave, Ridgecrest, Rosamond, Tehachapi)
- Kern River Valley (Lake Isabella, Wofford Heights, Weldon, Bodfish, Onyx, Kernville, Mount Mesa, Southlake)
- North Kern (Delano, Shafter, Wasco)
- West Kern (Taft, Maricopa)