Welcome to the County Administrative Office
If you take away anything from your visit to our site, we hope it's this: We are focused on changing the way you feel about government, those who manage it, and the service it provides.
I hope you find the resources saved here helpful.
Ryan J. Alsop
Chief Administrative Officer
Our Leadership Team
The County Administrative Office is responsible for a wide range of County functions including budget and finance, economic development, human resources, information technology, parks and recreation, communications, legislative Affairs, policy analysis and general services. Meet the talented leadership team who oversee all those functions.
Chief Operations Officer
- Executing and coordinating County administrative and financial policy.
- Coordinating the annual County Budget development process, preparing the recommended budget document for Board consideration, and providing general oversight of budget execution to assist departments in monitoring and adapting their budgets throughout the year
- Performing analysis and preparing reports in response to referrals from the Board of Supervisors on departments’ spending habits, hiring, performance, etc.
- Administering the County's debt service program
- Administering the County's capital improvement, facility maintenance, and ADA compliance programs
Providing additional oversight on compliance and ethics in County business, including reviewing audit findings and assisting departments in formulating procedures to improve accountability. Compliance and Accountability Webpage.
Managing the County’s Economic Development efforts by coordinating programs to improve business conditions, attract new business, and create jobs to intelligently grow the local economy. Economic Development Webpage.
Serving as a resource to the public for information about County government and providing updates and news releases on significant developments. Countywide Communications Webpage.
- Administering the County's recruitment and selection, performance management, employee recognition, and payroll services.
- Administering the County's employee relations program, including negotiation of Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and managing the employee grievance process
- Administering the County’s employee health care benefits programs for current and retired employees
- Administering the County’s leadership development training for staff.
- Enforcing the rules, regulations, policies and ordinances enacted by the Board
- Supporting departments in implementing policies approved by the Board of Supervisors
- Performing continuous research, investigation, and analysis of administrative practices/processes to recommend improvements in efficiency, economy of operation, organization and service delivery effectiveness.
- Ensuring that the County works closely with cities, special districts and other local governments to coordinate services, iron out fiscal and program "turf" issues, and generally work together on the problems that confront our citizens.
- Additional local government resources:
- Analyzing impacts of Federal and State legislation and recommending legislative policies for adoption by the Board of Supervisors
- Coordinating advocacy of these policies in state and federal policy arenas. Generally, the County supports legislation that promotes our ability to provide the services that local citizens need, and we oppose State or federally mandated programs that do not include a funding source.
- Formulating the County’s Legislative Platforms for Board approval
- Providing departments with consultation and coordination on administrative, budgetary, legislative, and public relations matters.
- Coordinating the appointed department head evaluation program
- Coordinating and assisting departments in identification and application of grant opportunities