Two-way radio and microwave communications are vital components in County communications. County Fire and Sheriff depend on radio communications to protect and serve the residents of Kern County. In addition to public safety, other County departments as well as city, state, and federal agencies, utilize two-way radio as a secure, inter-jurisdictional method of communication.
Communications staff is capable of providing the following primary functions, which consists of maintaining and repairing:
- County-wide Microwave Systems
- County-wide Radio Systems
- Dispatch Consoles
- Fire Station Alerting Systems
"We are a 24/7 Division. By having staff available at all times, we are able to keep Kern County connected. We are here to serve!"
- Frank Domingo, Supervising Communication Technician
Did you know?
- Kern County is the 3rd largest county in California, larger than Hawaii, Massachusetts or New Jersey
- Kern County encompasses approximately 8,132 square miles of valley lowlands, high desert and dividing mountain ranges
- Communications tackles over 1,050 miles of microwave links, over 8,500 pieces of equipment, over 8,000 square miles of radio coverage, and provide 24/7 service and maintenance to these critical systems
Kern County General Services - Communications
2601 Panorama Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93306
Phone: (661) 868-4000