An extension of Property Management, the County’s Energy Coordinator position is distinguished by its responsibility for issues regarding energy acquisition and usage by the County. The Energy Coordinator’s responsibilities include energy efficiency planning and the coordination and implementation of related programs and projects to maximize energy savings to the County.
The primary functions of the Energy Coordinator are:
- Identifying and implementing energy saving measures and programs
- Coordinating the purchase of energy at the most favorable rate
- Serving as a resource to County departments on energy management and savings opportunities
- Evaluating energy saving technologies
- Ensuring efficient energy utilization
- Serving as a liaison to County departments to ensure implementation of cost saving measures
- Interacting with state and federal agencies to secure grant funding
"I’m available to assist County departments in completing energy audits and making their facilities as energy efficient as possible."
- Sonia Fieber, Energy Coordinator
Did you know?
- Through the analysis of changes in a facility’s energy usage, the County is able to save a minimum of $500,000 per year