Fleet Services is an essential component of the County of Kern. Fleet Services provides a variety of vehicle services in support of County departments. Fleet Services provides well-maintained, safe, and efficient vehicles for all of its customers. We recognize the need for safe and reliable transportation. Our goal is to meet the technical and mechanical needs of the County by consistently providing timely and cost-effective services to the departments of one of the largest geographical counties in California.
Fleet Services’ primary responsibilities are:
- Purchasing, maintaining, and repairing more than 1,100 vehicles
- Managing the County’s commercial fuel program
- Providing vehicle utilization and cost reports to our customers
"Fleet Services purchases, maintains and repairs County vehicles ensuring safe and reliable transportation for County departments."
- Dennis Bolender, Fleet Services Manager
Did you know?
- A 30-minute “While you Wait” basic 14-point maintenance inspection is available by appointment for any County owned vehicle.
- Our rates have decreased on smog checks and preventive maintenance due to improved technology and efficiency within the garage.
- The Quality Control Program provides assurance to our customers of the excellent work being performed by our staff.
- Only 10% of Fleet Services’ work is outsourced (ex: Wheel alignments and transmission overhauls).
Kern County General Services - Fleet Services
1415 Truxtun Avenue, 3rd Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone: (661) 868-6910