An extension of Facilities Maintenance, the Graffiti-Off program provides prompt graffiti removal for the residents and business-owners in the unincorporated areas of Kern County. The ultimate goal of the Graffiti-Off program is a graffiti-free community. Do not try to stop a vandal, instead contact the Graffiti-Off program and file a report
To report graffiti:
- Contact the Graffiti Hot Line at 32-ERASE (323-7273)
- Fill out the online Report Graffiti or Request Free Graffiti Removal form
- Download the free “Bakersfield Graffiti” app into your smart phone
We also extend our reach with the Adopt a Wall project. Through this countywide program, our staff delivers paint and supplies to homes and businesses interested in adopting a location repeatedly hit by graffiti. To "adopt" a wall apply online or call (661) 868-1605.
"The General Services Graffiti Team performs a community service which helps decrease neighborhood crime. Our goal is to swiftly remove graffiti and provide evidence to law enforcement in an effort to hold taggers accountable for their vandalism."
- Carl Brewer, Senior CAO Manager
Did you know?
- General Services has security cameras in graffiti-prone areas
- Immediate removal, within 24 to 48 hours, is the key to successful graffiti prevention
- Approximately 80% of graffiti is gang or tagger graffiti
- Graffiti is the most common type of property vandalism (35%)
- Graffiti damage up to $400 is punishable by up to one year in jail, a $10,000 fine, or both (CA Penal Code Section 594)
- Graffiti damage in excess of $400 is a FELONY, and punishable by up to three years in state prison, a $50,000 fine, or both (CA Penal Code Section 594)
Kern County General Services - Graffiti-Off Program
610 E. 18th Street
Bakersfield, CA 93305
Phone: (661) 32-ERASE
To report vandals in the act, call the Sheriff's Office: (661) 861-3110