Mail Services provides complete mailing services to County departments.
The primary functions of Mail Services include:
- Delivering all incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail to County departments and other locations
- Coordinating mail distribution
- Processing receipt and delivery of incoming certified mail
- Sorting and metering all outgoing mail
- Handling emergency spills
- Producing daily and weekly reports
Mail Services maintains daily contact with the USPS, staying current on regulation changes and rate changes. The USPS picks up and delivers directly to the mail room on a daily basis.
"It is our goal to save County departments money and time, through our efficient and timely delivery of mail."
- Leslie Wallace, Support Services Manager
Did you know?
- Mail Services processes more than 13,000 pieces of mail per day
- Mail Services delivers and picks up from approximately 65 locations
- The County receives discounted postage rates on qualifying mail from the USPS. Qualifying mail is described as mail that will go through USPS’ machinery without any special handling
- Mail Services can help departments save 8-9 cents per letter
Kern County General Services - Mail Services
1115 Truxtun Avenue, 3rd Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Mail Services Requests: (661) 868-4669
Mail Services Issues: (661) 868-3000