Security is a team that provides a safe environment in the downtown campus, which consists of 1115 Truxtun, 1215 Truxtun, 1415 Truxtun, and all parking lots subject to the authority of the County of Kern. Security ensures that the buildings and parking lots are secure, and they report, respond, and resolve any emergency situations.
The primary functions of Security are:
- Monitoring the County Administrative Center’s video security system
- Administering the downtown electronic access system
- Opening and securing facilities within the downtown campus
- Coordinating the maintenance and repair of County elevators
- Establishing and maintaining parking protocols in the County Administrative Center’s parking
- Issuing parking passes for special events
- Patrolling parking lots and issuing citations
- Operating and using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Processing parking payments and hearing appeals and complaints
"General Services Security provides consistent patrol of the downtown complex in order to ensure a safe environment for employees and the visiting community."
- Leslie Wallace, Support Service Manager
Did you know?
- Security manages key card access for over 5,000 County employees
- Security conducts 20 patrols of the downtown campus per day
- Security provides security for 3-5 special events per week
- Security controls and manages over 2,900 parking permits for downtown employee parking
Kern County General Services - Security
1115 Truxtun Avenue, 3rd Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone: (661) 868-3076
Fax: (661) 868-3100