Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Engaging in public service can enhance your life and help us achieve our mission of excellent service to Kern residents. As a volunteer or student intern you can contribute your talents, meet new people, develop your knowledge and skills and make a positive impact! Make a difference today!
Listed below are Kern County departments that have ongoing volunteer/unpaid internship opportunities. We invite you to explore these opportunities by clicking on the link(s) where you have an area of interest. For opportunities not listed, we invite you to Apply Online and indicate your area of interest so you can be contacted when an opportunity becomes available.
- Aging & Adult Services Volunteer Opportunities
- Animal Services Volunteer Opportunities
- Behavioral Health & Recovery Services Volunteer Opportunities (PDF)
- District Attorney Volunteer Opportunities (PDF)
- Employers' Training Resource (ETR) Volunteer Opportunities (PDF)
- Library Volunteer Opportunities – Coming Soon
- Probation Volunteer Opportunities (PDF)
- Sheriff Volunteer Opportunities (PDF) – Learn More at the Sheriff Website
* If you are a County Department and wish to have a volunteer opportunity added to this page, please contact Human Resources.