The County Counsel is the general counsel and risk manager for the County of Kern. Pursuant to California law, the office of the County Counsel is responsible for providing legal services to the County, its officers, employees, boards, commissions, and other agencies. It is also responsible for the County's safety program, insurance coverage, general liability, and workers compensation claims.
To advise, assist and represent our clients as efficiently and economically as possible, in accordance with the highest professional and ethical standards.
Steps to Achievement
- Commitment to integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Problem identification and solution that is prompt, creative, and practical
- Aggressive litigation defense, and advocacy in courts
- Timely claims management and thorough risk assessment
- Education and training
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to listen and learn