The Risk Management Division of the Office of the County Counsel manages the County's exposure to risk, oversees the County's safety programs, and administers the General Liability, Medical Malpractice, and Workers' Compensation claims programs.
To meet the legal and risk management challenges facing the County of Kern in partnership with our clients.
To provide quality and innovative services to benefit our client and which will support the public good.
- To strive for excellence in all that we do.
- To act at all times as professionals.
- To be responsive to our clients' need for service and assist our client in meeting objectives which advance their best interests.
- To use new technology and management innovation to maintain and improve our delivery of services.
- To be effective by the constructive use of time.
- To work together as team with a positive manner and attitude, both within the office and in partnership with our clients.
- To be proactive and innovative in our delivery of services.
- To learn from our clients about their needs and limitations, and to educate our clients about our needs and limitations, in order to provide the best service possible.
- To maintain a "can do" attitude and healthy perspective toward any challenge that confronts us.
- To exemplify integrity and ethics by keeping our commitments.