During the summertime, senior citizens and others at risk from extreme heat can find relief at cooling centers across Kern County. Cooling Centers are funded through a grant from PG&E.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Cooling Center visitors:
- Are encouraged to wear a face covering
- Will be screened for temperature and symptoms upon entry. Visitors who have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed in the center.
- Must practice physical distancing at all times - keep at least 6' away from one another
Also, water and snacks will no longer be provided, so visitors using the Cooling Centers are encouraged to bring their favorite non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. We also encourage bringing reading material, games, etc. to better enjoy the Centers.
- If a Cooling Center is designated "open" the center will operate from 1:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m.
- If you need transportation to a cooling center, call 211.
- For additional information contact Kern County General Services at 661-868-7000 or Kern County Aging & Adult Services at 800-510-2020.