|Type of Play||Field Cost||Lighting (No Minimum)|
|| $10.00 an Hour - 2 Hour Minimum
||$15.00 an Hour|
|Adult Tournaments 1
||$60.00 a Day
||$15.00 an Hour
|Youth Play 2
|| $5.00 an Hour per Field
||$15.00 an Hour
- Percent of revenue, team entry fee, admission required.
- Applies to 12th grade and younger players.
- Reservation Form
- Payment for field and lighting is required at the time of reservation.
- Reservations can be made for no more than 30 days. All fees must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made. No reservations will be accepted less than 30 days in advance of the first reservation date.
- Please Note: No reservations will be accepted for dates that fall on County Holidays.
- Reservation Change Policy:
- Changes to the original contract must be made at least two weeks in advance of the reservation date. Fees are $7.00 per change and are non-refundable. If you would like to request a change, please contact Kern County Parks & Recreation.
- Reservation Cancellation Policy:
- To be eligible for credit or refund, cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to the reservation date. If you would like to request a cancellation, please contact Kern County Parks & Recreation.
- If you cancel a reservation before the two-week deadline, you can request either a refund or credit. Credit can be used at any time; at the end of the calendar year, if the customer has already submitted a reservation application for the following calendar year they can request that the credit be applied to that reservation. For refunds, there is a $30.00 processing fee. Refunds are processed through the Kern County Auditor's office and may take up to six (6) weeks to receive.
- For fields with lights, the lights are set to come on no earlier than 30 minutes before sunset. If the field is controlled by computer, the lights cannot be turned on at the site. If the field is controlled by a key, a key will be provided after the reservation is made.
- Scheduling of lights at the playing fields must be requested and paid in full at least 30 days in advance of the reservation date. Changes to the scheduling of lights must be made at least two weeks prior to the reservation date.
- If the previously-scheduled lights do not come on for for any reason and the user notifies Kern County Parks & Recreation by the next business day they can receive a credit for the field time and lights they were unable to use due to the lighting outage, if verified by the department.
- Keys: Some playing fields will require the customer to pick up a key to the facility. The key to the facility should be picked up at the Kern County Parks & Recreation Administration office prior to noon on the day before the scheduled event (or Friday for events scheduled on Sunday.) No Parks and Recreation staff are available to facilitate opening of the playing field if the customer fails to pick up the key as required.
- If a restroom key is part of the reservation transaction, the restroom must be locked before the person in charge departs the field.
- All keys (restroom, lights, etc.) must be returned at the agreed-upon time.
- If weather conditions prohibit use of the facility and the user notifies Kern County Parks & Recreation by the next business day, they can receive a credit for the field time and lights they were unable to use due to the weather conditions.
- Those reserving the Ballpark are responsible for leaving it completely clean and ready for the next user.
In addition to the one-time use stipulations stated above, league play requires:
- Contact Parks for details on reserving a field for league play. Most of the above rules apply, but there are additional requirements, including obtaining a License and Concession Agreement, General Liability Insurance, and a formal schedule listing the days and times the field will be occupied with league activities.