Due to COVID-19, we currently have reduced capacity at our campgrounds, therefore reservations, first come/first serve, and walk-up rental campsites are limited and availability may be impacted.
You can make an on-line reservation for Buena Vista Campground by using the link above, or by calling the Parks reservation desk at (661) 868-7000.
- Please have a valid credit card to make an on-line campsite reservation or to reserve by telephone.
- There is an $8.00 non-refundable registration/reservation fee for each campsite reserved.
- Reservations are available any time prior to arrival at the campground, based on availability, and may be made up to one year in advance.
- One vehicle is included with each campsite reservation; 10 person maximum per campsite.
- Additional fees may apply, payable upon entry at the campground, such as dog fees, second vehicle fees, boating fees, etc. Please see the BVARA Fee Schedules for further information.
- You must be 18 years or older to reserve a campsite.
Need to Know Information
- No minors are to be left without adult supervision in a campsite overnight.
- If you reserve a campsite, you are responsible for everyone in your party.
- Fees for extra vehicle(s), watercraft (without an annual permit), and pets are paid for at the park entrance.
- Campers are allowed to reserve up to two (2) sites, with only one waterfront site per customer, per date.
- Up to 14 consecutive days can be reserved during Peak Season, and up to 31 consecutive days can be reserved during Off-Peak Season.
- Peak Season is March 15 through October 15
- Off-Peak Season is October 16 through March 14
- Group campsite reservations are accepted in the Off-Peak Season only, when reserving 10 + campsites at one time.
- Campsites with Utilities:
- Only one recreational vehicle can use the electrical hookup at any given time.
- Campsites with utility hookups have one 30A and 50A plug-in per campsite.
- No spider boxes or trailer to trailer hookup allowed.
- Vehicles/Parking: Maximum of two (2) motor vehicles per campsite.
- No day use vehicles are to be parked in the campsites.
- No parking on the grass or past the white pylons.
- Check-in is 2:00 p.m., check-out is 12:00 p.m.
- Late Check-in: If you check into your campsite after the BVARA kiosk closes, you are required to go to the BVARA kiosk before 9:00 a.m. the next morning, to check-in and to pay any additional fees.
- No Show Policy: all no shows after 24 hours will be canceled with no refunds.
- Quiet time is from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Pets: Limit 2 pets per campsite.
- Pets must remain on a leash (no longer than 6 feet), at all times.
- Guide dogs are exempt from charge.
Canceling or Transferring a Campsite Reservation
How to Cancel or Transfer a Campsite Reservation:
- To cancel or transfer a reservation please call the Buena Vista Campground office directly, at (661) 763-1526. BV gate staff are available to process your request 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays.
- You may notify the Parks Reservation Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling (661) 868-7000 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important Note: Cancellations and transfer requests received by the Parks Reservations Desk after 5:00 p.m., or on weekends and holidays will be processed the next business day.
- Once your campsite cancellation or transfer has been processed, we will send you a confirmation of your transaction.
- The deadline to transfer a campsite reservation is 24 hours in advance of the reservation check-in date. Campsite reservations may be transferred to any date up to a year in advance.
- There is a $7.00 fee to transfer a previously confirmed campsite reservation.
- The deadline to cancel a campsite reservation is 72 hours in advance of the reservation check-in date.
- There is a $30.00 cancellation fee, as well as an $8.00 non-refundable reservation fee, for each campsite cancellation.
- If you do not cancel within 72 hours of the reservation date, you are not eligible for refund for that date.
- Any refunds due for cancellations will be processed upon cancellation.
- A refund check will be mailed within 30 days of cancellation.