- Buildings are available at hourly rates for civic and/or private events.
- A reservation application and non-refundable application fee must be received by the Parks and Recreation office in order to confirm a reservation.
- Reservations for holidays and after-hours use are subject to review and approval by the Parks reservation staff.
- Building availability is subject to change - for inquiries and verification of building availability, please contact the Parks Division.
Reservations are handled in a two-stage process:
Stage 1 - "Advance Sign-up" Period:
Every year in September, the department will send out Advance Reservation Letters and Applications to Veteran’s Groups and Senior Groups to give these groups priority in reserving those buildings designated for their groups. Reservations can only be made for the following calendar year, and the deadline to return the advance reservation applications is November 1. If you are part of a qualifying group and have not received this information by the end of September, contact the Parks Division Office.
Stage 2 - "Regular Sign-up" Period:
Beginning on December 1, all other groups can request to reserve buildings on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can only be made for the following calendar year, and a minimum of 30 days advance notice is necessary for most reservations. To make a reservation:
- Option 1: Fill out the online reservation form and turn it into the Parks Division Office
- Option 2: Call or visit the main Parks Division Office
Please enjoy your visit and thank you for caring for these valued public facilities.
Further information or clarification regarding the rules for use of County facilities may be obtained by contacting the Parks and Recreation Division.
Fees and Deposits
Fees apply to all commercial and private uses of the buildings and may also be charged for other uses which do not meet criteria for non-profit status.
All fees are payable in advance of scheduled use.
Security deposits will be returned four to six weeks after the event, less any deductions necessitated by additional cleanup or damage.
Permit Preparation/Processing Fees
- $8.00 for one-time use
- $30.00 for regular use (multiple uses scheduled during the year)
Veterans, Seniors and Community Building Fees
- $500 cleaning deposit per event
- $50/hour for first 6 hours (minimum rental 2 hours)**
- $30/hour for each additional hour
- **$35.00/hour for Inyokern Senior Center and Rand Community Building because of their smaller size
Recreation Building Fees
- $500 cleaning deposit per event
- $20 per hour for events with less than 150 people
- $200 per day or any portion of a day for events with 150 or more people
- General Liability Insurance coverage for $1,000,000 is required for all events in these facilities.
- Host Liquor Liability insurance is required whenever alcohol use is involved in an event; be sure to inquire about this possible need.
Please Note: A special event insurance policy is available through the Parks Division or users may obtain their own coverage. Users that obtain their own coverage should inquire on this matter, as specific wording is necessary to ensure proper coverage.
- No charge with room rental
- Serve off-site, minimum 2 hours: $50/hr
Security Guard Service is a requirement for events where alcohol is served and/or sold. Prospective users will need to understand this requirement. Whenever such service is required, it is the user's responsibility to obtain the services of a licensed Security Guard Service. The customer will follow the Terms and Conditions of the reservation agreement, and will enter into an Agreement for Provision of Security Services for providing Security Guard service. The user will pay all costs associated with obtaining Security Guard service for their event.