Whether you're a Veteran or proud of our Veterans who have defended America, get your application for Veterans plates today!
As a veteran, you may order a California license plate with the armed forces or veterans service organization logo/emblem/insignia of your choice, which will be prominently displayed on the left side of the license plate. There is a fee for these license plates, and an additional one-time fee for personalized license plates.
Veterans license plates are a great way to show one's pride to our nation and the satisfaction of being a Veteran for this great country. As an added benefit, proceeds from the sale of vets plates are used to expand veteran services in Kern County.
The following categories of Veterans are eligible for additional license plate benefits:
- 100% Service-connected disabled Veterans
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Recipients of other high decorations
- Former American Prisoners of War
- Pearl Harbor survivors
- Purple Heart recipients
View details on additional benefits at the CA Department of Veterans Affairs
Additional information about Veterans license plates can be found through this office by calling (661) 868-7300 or (866) 218-5367.
How to Apply
You may apply by any of the following methods:
- Contact your local Veterans office
- Call the CA Department of Veterans Affairs at (916) 653-2213
- Download the application from the CA Department of Motor Vehicles